Ever wish you could drink a cup of magic potion to alleviate that headache or soothe those nerves after a long, exhausting day?
Du kan introducere dig selv til herb teas, køb en kvart-ounce eller flere forskellige typer af teherter.
If you purchase them at an herb shop or farmers’ market, make sure each package of herbs is labeled or otherwise marked so you’ll know what it is when you get home.
Most herb teas come in tea bags as well. Note: Use equal parts of caution and common sense when consuming herbs as you would with any type of medication.
In the beginning, don’t overdo the strength of your beverage mixture or the amount you drink.
Nothing warms the body and soul like holding a steaming mug, inhaling its subtle scents as you slowly sip.
Why be limited to caffeinated beverages when the herb world can bring flavor, nutrients and health benefits?
Bulk herbs are a good value and offer the opportunity to select exactly what you desire.
Tea is one of my favorite beverages. On a cold, blustery day, a hot cup of tea is warm and soothing, while in the throes of summer you can pour it over ice for a thirst-quenching refresher.
There are many powerful healing herbs for tea that can transform it from a tasty beverage into a health-supportive drink, which is why I am sharing our favorite 7 Healing Herbs for Tea with you.
And for those who cannot make these teas can purchase them on Amazon.
Healing Herbal Teas and their Recipes
Why It’s Powerful: Helps to relax the muscles of the digestive tract and reduce spasms.
Recipe to Try: Detox tea with ginger, mint, and lime
A delicious and super beneficial detox tea that is essential during monsoons and winters. Not only does it protect against a lot of viral infections, this detox tea also helps to increase immunity, relieve throat irritation, relieve headaches and nausea and even eliminate congestion of the chest.
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 inch Ginger pounded or crushed
- 3-4 spearmint leaves
- 3-4 whole black pepper
- 1 Lime
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp black tea dust If using leaves, use about 3 tsp (or less depending on how strong you like it)
- Add the water to a saucepan and put it on the heat.
- Add the crushed ginger, spearmint leaves, black pepper and let it come to a boil, simmer for 3 mins till fragrant.
- Add the tea dust and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let it steep for 5 mins.
- Strain, add sweetener (honey) and lime juice as per taste, serve immediately!
Why It’s Powerful: Passion Flower Promotes sleep and relaxation, lowers blood pressure.
Recipe to Try:
- 8 ounces of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried passionflower leaves (or 1 fresh spoonful)
- Place the leaves in a muslin bag or tea infuser and then add them to the hot water.
- Let stand for five minutes or so.
- Drink this tea approximately one hour before bedtime and limit yourself to one cup within a 24-hour period.
Caution: pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding should not ingest medicinal passion. Do not take passionflower if you are taking anti-anxiety or anti-depression medications. Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how your body will react to using the passion flower. Some people have reported confusion and an inability to concentrate after taking this herb, so take it alone before going to bed; Do not change your mind after having tea and decide to go to a party or go for a walk.
Why It’s Powerful: Turmeric strongly anti-inflammatory and rich in anti-cancer properties.
Recipe to Try:
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of clove
- pinch of nutmeg
- teaspoon fresh ginger (optional)
- As much turmeric as you can handle! Start with a teaspoon and go up from there.
- 1-2 cups of water
- Raw honey to sweeten
- Milk of choice (I went with fresh coconut milk, but the almond and hemp would be delicious)
Do it like this – Slow and steady stove method
- Simmer the herbs and water together for 10 minutes.
- Strain and add honey and milk.
Fast and furious mixer method
- Boil water in your kettle and add it to the blender (a blender with a gradual increase in speed will reduce the possibility that boiled steam pressure will come out of your blender).
- Add the spices and mix until you get a smooth and unified color.
- Drain the tea and add the milk and honey.
Why It’s Powerful: Lemon is high in Vitamin C, stimulates digestion and detoxes the liver.
Recipe to Try:
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 4 cups of water
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- Mix the water and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over high heat.
- Allow the liquid to boil and then lower the heat to a simmer to keep it just below the boil.
- Once you have found the right temperature, add the sage leaves and stir, then cover the pan and let it infuse.
- After 5 minutes on low heat, remove from heat completely and continue the infusion for another 10 minutes.
- Serve once the infusion is complete by straining in individual cups.
- You may want to reheat tea to make it hotter, depending on your preference.
Why It’s Powerful: Maca helps relieve stress, boost energy levels, balance hormones and increase sex drive.
Recipe to Try:
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend briefly until lightly foamy on top. Serve warm.
Why It’s Powerful: Matcha is rich in antioxidants, boosts energy levels, contains l-theanine – an amino acid that increases focus and concentration.
Recipe to Try:
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon of coconut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon ground vanilla powder
- Sweetener, to taste (a date of chopped Medjool, stevia drops, drizzle of maple syrup, etc.)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Throw the cashews, matcha, coconut butter, vanilla and sweetener of your choice into the jug of a high-speed vertical blender.
- Pour the boiling water into the jar too.
- Cover the jar and slowly increase the speed.
- Mix until the cashews are well incorporated/liquefied.
- Pour the coffee with matcha cashew milk into the cup of your choice.
- Enjoy immediately.
Benefits of Drinking Herbal Teas
Drinking herbal tea is highly recommended for people who want to improve their health naturally while enjoying a delicious and refreshing drink.
Unlike standard coffee and tea (black, white, green, etc.), most herbal teas do not include caffeine. Most herbal teas offer a variety of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, but the specific details depend on the particular herbs and plants you choose.
Common health benefits include relaxing the body and mind, helping with sleep disorders, reducing inflammation, relieving pain, protecting against common diseases, stimulating the immune system, optimizing the digestive system, detoxifying the body and stimulating function cognitive
Diuretic & Laxative
Diuretics and laxatives help eliminate toxins from the body quickly, relieving stress in the gastrointestinal system, the kidneys and the liver. The best diuretic teas include dandelion, hibiscus, green, hawthorn, and juniper.
Boost Immune System
Stimulate the immune system, with antioxidants and vitamins, helps prevent infections, protects against oxidative stress and reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
The excellent herbal teas that stimulate the immune system include elderberry, echinacea, ginger, and licorice root teas.
Reduce Sleep Issues
Some types of tea can balance neurotransmitter levels, reduce anxiety and promote sleep through sedative effects. The best options for sleep problems include valerian, kava root, chamomile, and lavender tea.
Pain relief is crucial for people who suffer from chronic discomfort or for those who are recovering from illness, surgery or injury.
The best analgesic herbal teas include allspice, bergamot, chamomile, eucalyptus and kava root.
Reducing inflammation can help everything from gastrointestinal discomfort and arthritis to headaches and hemorrhoids. Herbal teas such as mint, ginger, turmeric, and eucalyptus are excellent for inflammatory problems.
Relieve Stress & Anxiety
Calming stress and anxiety can also help decrease levels of depression, increase energy and decrease the incidence of inflammation and chronic diseases in the body.
Drink root of kava, valerian, St. John’s wort and chamomile tea to decrease stress levels.
Prevent Chronic Disease
Antioxidant capacity can help eliminate radicals and prevent oxidative stress in the body, which lowers the risk of cancer and chronic disease.
Herbal teas that are high in antioxidants include peppermint, rooibos, thyme, and nettle teas.
Aid in Digestion
Indigestion, cramps, bloating, nausea, vomiting, constipation, and diarrhea can be eliminated with herbal infusions, especially with varieties such as dandelion, chamomile, cinnamon, mint and ginger.
Boost Brain Health
De preventie van oxidatieve stress in de hersenen, terwijl ook toenemende focus en concentratie, kan worden bereikt door toevoeging roosibos, gember, mint, rooibos en dandelion thee aan uw gezond dieet.
Side effects of Herbal Teas
Herbal teas come with certain side effects, due to the potent effect of the active ingredients, the possible allergic reactions, the erroneous identity of the herbs, the excessive consumption or the pharmacological interactions.
Mens de fleste krydderurter er sikre for menneskelig forbrug, i moderate mængder, visse toksiske krydder er let forvirret med helt sikre ingredienser. For example, foxglove can be deadly but it looks very similar to comfrey.
Similarly, water hemlock can be fatal if swallowed, but it looks almost identical to elderberry, which is a popular ingredient in herbal tea.
Do not collect wild herbs for infusions and herbal teas unless you are trained in herbal arts or have great confidence in their knowledge. Most herbal ingredients are available at natural health stores.
Herbal teas cover a wide range of plant genera and families, which means that many potential allergic reactions are possible.
Allergic reactions may vary from a slight upset stomach or inflammation to breathing difficulties, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, skin rashes, and other more serious symptoms.
Talk to your doctor or an allergy specialist to determine your allergies before exploring new herbal teas.
Herbs are used because of their powerful active ingredients and chemicals; In moderate amounts, they are generally safe, but excessive consumption can cause toxicity and negative side effects.
In de meeste gevallen, kleine hoeveelheden thee (1-2 cups per dag) zijn meer dan genoeg om te genieten van de gezondheidsvoordelen van thee.
Interactions with other medications:
Ef þú ert nú þegar að taka hvaða lyf, það er best að ráðfæra sig við lækninn áður en þú bætir við herbal te að heilsu þinni.
Many herbal teas have hypotensive, hypoglycemic, sedative and anticoagulant properties, which can be dangerous if you are already using medications that have similar effects.