Stretch marks are an aesthetic problem that has no health consequences but causes great discomfort to many women and men. The weight changes and the lack of elasticity of the skin give rise to these marks in our body.
In this article, we will show you a simple recipe to make a rosehip cream. With this oil, along with other natural ingredients, we will achieve a lotion to provide hydration and promote skin regeneration.
NATURAL INGREDIENTS TO LESSEN STRETCH MARKS
Rosehip oil is the secret of many women who use it to prevent and lessen wrinkles. It has a high nutritive and regenerative power, so it is ideal for dry and mature skin that want to give luminosity and firmness to the skin.
This oil, which is extracted from the seeds of the dog rose, stands out for its high content of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids, as well as antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E. However, when it comes to acquiring it, we must ensure that it is pure oil, since many products of low quality and mixed products are marketed.
ALOE VERA GEL
The aloe vera is today, an essential ingredient in natural and homemade cosmetics. In addition to the texture of its gel, ideal to mix with other ingredients and use on the skin, its properties make it the perfect base for many remedies.
The gel that is extracted from the leaves of this plant has soothing, moisturizing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing properties. These healing virtues are enough to be effective to treat all skin problems (including stretch marks).
In addition, aloe vera can also be applied directly on the skin, as it provides a pleasant freshness and a protective layer. Its texture allows a very easy application and rapid absorption. If we also mix it with oils, we get the final result is not so oily and penetrate better into the skin.
Cocoa butter is a staple in chocolate. However, it is also a very common product in natural cosmetics, thanks to its characteristics and properties. For example, it is the basis of many lip balms, since it has the virtue of protecting us from external agents such as sun, wind or cold.
This type of butter is very antioxidant, so it prevents skin aging caused by free radicals. It also reduces scars and stretch marks, maintains hydration and promotes the regeneration of skin cells.
Cocoa butter is effective in treating wrinkles as well and can be a good immediate remedy for soothing burns. In addition, it is effective in the treatment of some cases of psoriasis and eczema.
CREAM TO ATTENUATE STRETCH MARKS
To make this cream against stretch marks, we will need the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons rosehip oil (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (45 ml)
- 1 spoonful of cocoa butter (20 g)
- 10 drops of essential oil of lavender, rosemary, geranium, jasmine or incense (optional)
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
To prepare this cream to eliminate stretch marks, we will follow the following steps:
- First, melt the cocoa butter in the water bath.
- When the butter is liquid, mix well with rosehip oil and aloe vera gel.
- Finally, add the essential oil of lavender and mix again.
Store in a glass jar with an airtight seal. When the mixture cools it will become a little more solid, with the right texture to apply on the skin.
- Apply this cream for stretch marks on the affected area once or twice a day, both to prevent and reduce stretch marks.
- The best time is after the shower, because with the hot water the pores open and absorb nutrients better.water the pores open and absorb nutrients better.
- To enhance the effects of this lotion we can perform a massage or dry brushing.
- We can use this cream also for wrinkles, for dry skin and for some skin disorders that cause peeling. It is also an excellent healing remedy to accelerate the recovery of wounds and prevent them from leaving marks.